Friday, December 15, 2006

It's hard to describe the last few weeks. Lee & I had two dogs for about a week and I thought I was going to have a nervous break-down. He was amazing. Tolerant, patient, kind & dilligent. It's so hard to live when you have 2 dogs within 500 sq ft. that do not get along. It was actually more that they LIKED each other SO much that you couldn't leave them together for more than 5 minutes or they would torment each other. Like a bad relationship. Lucy, a lab/pit mix, still awaiting a new foster or permananet home, is a delightful pooch inside. Very docile & sweet, but not really interested in Oilvia. Lucy wanted to be left alone, while Olivia was like a younger sister..."Lucy, Lucy, LUCY C'mon... play with me, play with me, PLAY WITH ME." Well, you can imagine how quickly that went south. Too bad, we would have loved to have kept Lucy, but she has been though alot & it isn't fair to stress her more because Olivia doesn't know when to quit.

Speaking of Olivia...she is amazing. She was returned from her adoptive parents because she was, "too much work." Frankly, i'm not sure what they were expecting, but she has come SO FAR since just a week ago. I've taught her how to heel & Lee taught her paw! She is so obedient...still with A LOT of puppy left in her, but wow...she's s great dog.

The foster situation with Lucy is stressing me to no end & just the bullshit & politics of the CACC make me crazy. Is is better to pull a dog off the euthanasia list and have it shipped around from home to home with no real end of the road in sight or & possibly have the dog end up in a less than "good" home, OR is it better to let them die a short, painless death. I don't know...it isn't my call. I just know that the time, effort & tears I've put into Lucy these past 2 weeks have been exhausting and VERY stressful. I've been sick with various stress-related health issues and had trouble sleeping. It's amazing how quickly things can become out of hand ... please foster, please donate to your local shelters, please think of all the homeless pets this christmas. your love and compassion is needed more than you know... please contact me to foster or adopt.

Locy Playing...
lucy 4

Lucy's beautiful face.
lucy 5

Little Miss Olivia
IMG_1378

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home